Saturday, June 27, 2009

Contemplation... death is hard.

I've been thinking a lot these past few days. I know Michael Jackson died a few days ago and that just sort of triggered a lot of brain activity within me. I ad to dust off the cobwebs in my head first. The gears are a bit rusty.

Smitkins tribute made me think a lot too. [link]

His death reminded me, and probably the whole world, that we are all delicate beings that could die any time. His passing was so sudden, it's shocking. I couldn't help but remember the film reels I watched on YouTube in relation to John Lennon's death. Every time someone that famous and influential dies the whole world feels a shock wave.

Whether you liked Michael Jackson or not, you can't help but remember that he was human too. He was preparing a comeback. He was working harder and harder to right his life. He, like most of us, was doing his best in this world... and then he was gone.

Michael Jackson changed the world, as did John Lennon, Buddy Holly, Elvis, and Jimmi Hendrix. They all died too young, but at least we can appreciate what they left behind. They spent their lives etching a new path in this world. We can't forget that. Ever.

I like all of those musicians songs. Not as much as others, but still. I then thought... what if Billy Joel Armstrong died? Or Enya? Or Paul McCartney? I would be extremely upset.

Death is a harsh reality.

So, for all those Michael Jackson fans out there, I am sorry. He did a great thing. He will be missed. At least we can be comforted to know that he's in a better place. :) <3

I love the world. ^_^

1 comment: